Sardar Patel Awas Yojana for landless agricultural labourers and village artisan living Below Poverty line in rural areas of the State. Sardar Awas Vasahat, Rampur, dist. Vadodara Govt. has made strategic planning for the solution of houses in the village. The poor have the right to live a new life and to turn to a new culture as a colony of the poor population.
Sardar Patel Awas Yojana – An outline:
Free plots scheme of house site of the State Government for landless agricultural labourers village artisans living Below Poverty line in rural areas of Gujarat is under implementation since 1972. A scheme to pay assistance for construction of houses on such allotted plot came into force in 1976. Sardar Patel Awas Yojana materially the slogan “free plot, free house” came into existence since. 1977.
Price of a house under the scheme was Rs.20,000 in ordinary areas and Rs.22,000 in hilly and inaccessible are a formally. The beneficiaries could not build houses, it was provided that the house for the beneficiaries shall be constructed by the government since 2000, Price of one unit of the house was raised to Rs.43,000 by making amendment since1-5-2001. Govt. assistance for Sardar Patel Awas yojana is Rs.36,000 and labour contribution of the beneficiary shall be Rs.7000.
Measures of State Government to make the scheme more useful and suitable ot the beneficiaries:
- The advantage to all registered Below Poverty live listed on old income limit of Rs.11,000 (since 1-8-2000)
- The necessary change in the design to make houses so strong that they may sustain against earthquake proof (since 1-5-2001).
- The beneficiary should not have any plot on the house in his name.
- Laminated photographs of husband and wife with a permit. (since 25-6-2002).
- Such relaxation where the beneficiary himself construct the house instead of the institution or Gram Panchayat (since 2-3-2005).
- Allowed to use cement hollow blocks, stone masonry and Bela stones misted of burnt bricks (since 2-3-2005).
- Allowed to construct houses with magnolia tiles roofs as an alternative of houses with slabs
Who may avail the benefits of the scheme?
- This Scheme of State Govt. being poor-oriented the persons registered Below Poverty Line of rural areas may avail the benefit of the scheme.
- A person who has no plot or house may avail the benefit of the scheme.
- The applicant should not have taken benefit of any other housing scheme.
- The applicant who has a maximum half hectare of irrigated land or maximum one hectare of non-irrigated land may also avail advantage of the scheme.
- If husband and wife live together and if there is a plot or house is in the name of husband or wife and living in the same village for the last five years, either of them may avail the benefit of the scheme.
- If a beneficiary is a native of the village he should hold a card of Below Poverty Line of that village such person should obtain a certificate from the sarpanch of his native village that “this beneficiary has not taken advantage of Sardar Patel Awas Yojana in our village.
- A certificate should be produced that there is no house in his name or in the name of his wife in his native place and they should fall in the definition of B.P.L.
The benefit under Sardar Patel Awas Yojana is available to the villager living below the poverty line only once.
How will be your house in this scheme?
- Area of construction of house without verandah should not be less than 22.90 sq.meters.
- Digging of the house under the scheme should be up to 0-90meter of till yellow earth is found, whichever is more.
- Height of plinth to slab shall be 2.70 meters.
- Height of parapet of the house should be 0.30 meters.
- A big room in the house under the scheme shall be 3.35 X 4.98 meters.
- Toilet-cum-bath room shall be 1.00 meter X 1.82 meters.
- Height of plinth shall be 0.30 meter and height from plinth to slab shall be 2.15 meters.
- There shall be a Toilet in one part and bath-room in the remaining part.
- An open verandah of 1.80-meter width is to be constructed height from land shall be 0.30 meter.
Which are the standards regarding qualities for constructions of houses?
Masonry work above a plinth of rooms and Toilet-cum-bathroom and that of parapet should be made by burnet bricks of 0:23 meter thickness, cement hollow blocks and stone masonry and Bela stone etc. proportion of cement-sand is 1:6.
There should be two doors in front and rear portion of the house with flap shutter and iron ventilates. The thickness of the sheet should not be less than 18 gauge. A door of 0.82 meters x 2000 meters is to be provided as per the design mentioned in the plan.
The simple iron door of Toilet should be 0.75 X 2000 meters as per the type of design Total two windows of 0.75 X 1.05 meters are to be placed in front and rear walls along with iron safety bars.
In case of written demand of the beneficiary, a window may be placed in the rear wall instead of a door. Thus one door and three windows may be kept. Cement concrete pre-cast grill of 0.60 meter X 0.60 meter is to be placed in Toilet -cum-bath room. A 540 millimetres size W.C soak-pit (with cover) is to be placed for Toilet-cum-bath room and pipe connections are to be provided.
Guidelines for construction of houses under the scheme:
- Iron rods should be provided on both the sides of openings of windows and doors and thus strong then the work.
- The corner at sill level shaped rod of 0.90-meter length on ‘T’ junction walls. Mixture cement sand should be 1:3
- Masonry work should be done in cement their proportion should be in 1:4 instead of 1:6 in prescribed type design.
- Anti-earth quake works are to be carried out in coeducation of houses in accident zone-5 areas (Kachchh district)
- Masonry work above a plinth of the rooms and Toilet as cum-bath room and that of parapet should be made by burnt breaks of 0:23 meter thickness, cement hollow blocks and stone max marry and bluestone etc. proportion of cement-sand is 1:6.